Send us your referrals digitally with e-Orders from Best Practice
From within your Best Practice software, you can now conveniently send us an electronic referral, often known as an e-Order.
Set-up is simple and straightforward. Once configured, select 'QLD X-Ray' from the list of providers before completing your request then click ’Print and Send’ which sends the referral across to us and provides you with a printed copy of the referral to give to the patient.
Benefits of e-Orders:
- Integrates with Best Practice (compatible with version Jade and above)
- It’s secure – sends directly from your server to ours
- No need to use pre-printed referral paper - can be printed on plain paper
- Encourages patients to have their imaging completed sooner
- No lost forms - patient is not required to present with printed copy of referral
- No misinterpretation of test required
- Results can be uploaded to My Health Record
Enable e-Orders at your practice
Fill in the contact form below and your Business Development Officer will be in touch to arrange an appointment to enable e-Orders at your practice.
How e-Orders Work
As configuration is required in your PMS, fill in your details above and we will organise your Business Development Officer to arrange a time to assist in conjunction with your IT support team.
Open the imaging request function in the patient file of your PMS. The e-Order template includes clear fields to enter the relevant details, i.e. body region, modality, etc.
Once all relevant clinical information has been entered, the e-Order can be finalised. It is then authenticated, encrypted, and delivered straight to Queensland X-Ray. You can also print out a hard copy of the referral for your patient.
Your patient will receive a text message soon after the request is submitted that includes a link to book their scan, they will also be able to view a digital copy of their referral. Your patient will receive a follow up reminder text within 7 days if they have not made an appointment.
After your patient’s scan, the images and report will be available to you within the usual timeframes.