Important information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Queensland X-Ray is committed to continuing to provide our patients with the highest quality service, in a safe environment. In order to do this we are closely monitoring and responding to the developments in Australia associated with COVID-19 and implementing stringent measures in line with those being recommended by the Australian Government and the Department of Health.
We want to reassure you that we have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place to protect patients, our staff and visitors to minimise the risk of any infection including COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health’s website.
Process for entry
- Must wear a surgical mask (if you don't have one, please ask at reception and we can provide one for you)
Please do not enter if you:
- have Covid-19 symptoms
- are in isolation as a confirmed COVID-19 positive case
- are awaiting a Covid-19 test result
- are a confirmed close contact
Visitors - people accompanying you to your appointment
We understand that you may want to bring someone with you to your appointment, however during this time we are asking that non-essential people do not enter the practice. If you're visiting a Queensland X-Ray practice within a hospital, the visitor restrictions at that hospital will apply.
In circumstances where a patient requires a carer, or the patient is a child, one other person will be able to accompany them throughout the duration of the appointment. In addition, patients having obstetric scans can have one other person with them. Please check with our team at the time of booking.
Queensland X-Ray is:
- Undertaking regular cleaning of all surfaces
- Pre-screening all patients prior to making a booking
- Heightening hygiene and encouraging social distancing policies
- Ensuring staff are adhering to Queensland Government guidelines regarding wearing of masks
- Ensuring all staff who show any signs of illness are self-isolated
- Taking steps to minimise the number of patients waiting in our practice