Important information about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Queensland X-Ray is committed to continuing to provide our patients with the highest quality service, in a safe environment. In order to do this we are closely monitoring and responding to the developments in Australia associated with COVID-19 and implementing stringent measures in line with those being recommended by the Australian Government and the Department of Health.
We want to reassure you that we have strict infection control and prevention protocols in place to protect patients, our staff and visitors to minimise the risk of any infection including COVID-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19 can be found on the Australian Government Department of Health’s website.
Information last updated 24/03/20
Queensland X-Ray is:
- Spreading out our bookings to reduce the number of patients in a practice at any one time
- Undertaking regular cleaning of all surfaces;
- Pre-screening all patients prior to making a booking;
- Heightening hygiene and social distancing policies;
- Ensuring all staff who show any signs of illness are self-isolated;
- Taking steps to minimise the number of patients waiting in our practice
- No longer offering printed film, but rather access to images via the Patient Portal; in an effort to minimise the number of patients waiting in our practice;
- No longer accepting cash payments
Appointments & Screening
Patients are being screened at point of booking and on arrival at the practice.
If you are scheduled or wanting to make an appointment at any of our practices, we require you to adhere to the following:
If you have traveled overseas in the last month, have been identified as a close contact of a confirmed case of COVID-19, are suspected/being tested for having COVID-19 or have symptoms that include fever OR an acute respiratory infection, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath, please contact us via phone on the number for your region which you can find listed below prior to making a booking or visiting one of our practices.
Brisbane 1300 781 926
Gold Coast 1300 183 988
Toowoomba 1300 770 151
Townsville (07) 4759 2800
Mackay individual practices – click here
Cairns individual practices – click here
People accompanying you to your appointment
We understand that you may want to bring someone with you to your appointment, however during this time we are asking that non-essential people do not enter the practice. In circumstances where a patient requires a carer, or the patient is a child, then one other person will be able to accompany them throughout the duration of their appointment.
An exception to this guideline is for patients attending our practice for some obstetric scans. Patients having some obstetric scans can have another person with them.
If unsure, please ask when making or confirming your appointment.