Dental Imaging is often required to assess the health of your teeth, jaw and facial joints. While most dentists can perform their own plain x-ray imaging of your mouth in their practice, Queensland X-Ray has access to special equipment that allows us to diagnose disease and assist your dentist, orthodontists or dental surgeon in planning treatments.
Your dentist or specialist may send you for dental imaging for several reasons including:
- Diagnosing disease in the teeth and bone
- Planning surgery such as removal of wisdom teeth
- Planning dental treatment such as braces
- Planning periodontal treatment
Things to know
- You should not have Dental Imaging when pregnant.
- We have the ability to scan children at some of our practices, just ask at time of booking where we have the specialised software.