Specialist diagnostic imaging for all systems of the body.
Nuclear Medicine is a sub-specialty of diagnostic medical imaging involving the use of radioisotopes to diagnose and treat disease. There are applications for Nuclear Medicine in assessing all systems of the body.
Nuclear Medicine studies use small amounts of radioactive substances known as tracers, which are designed to target and image a specific area of the body. While the studies do use radiation, the dose is very low and is rapidly excreted from the body, by your liver or in your urine.
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please notify the staff at the time of making the appointment as the study may need to be postponed.
Available at these locations
- Bayside Medical Hub
- Cairns Private Hospital
- Gold Coast Private Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Mater Private Hospital Hyde Park
- Mater Private Hospital Mackay
- Mater Private Hospital Pimlico
- Mater Private Hospital South Brisbane
- PET/CT Centre Greenslopes Brisbane
- St Andrew’s Hospital Toowoomba
- St Vincent’s Hospital Toowoomba
- Sunnybank Private Hospital