Detailed imaging for all parts of your body.
MRI uses a strong magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed images of soft tissues, bone, fat, cartilage, ligaments, tendons, muscles and the internal organs of your body. MRI does not use ionising radiation. Queensland X-Ray offers MRI service with sub-specialist reporting of all parts of the body including Breast MRI, Cardiac MRI and Prostate MRI.
At Queensland X-Ray we can provide referrers and patients with a choice between 3T and 1.5T scanners. The process whilst in the scanner is often quicker with a 3T scanner, however scan times depend on what body part is being imaged.
We also offer a Wide bore option, in limited locations, for people who may feel claustrophobic in standard MRI machines.
Available at these locations
- Bayside Medical Hub
- Cairns Private Hospital
- Douglas Discovery Rise
- Gold Coast Private Hospital
- Greenslopes Private Hospital
- Lake Street
- Mackay Fourways
- Mater Private Hospital Mackay
- Mater Private Hospital Pimlico
- Mater Private Hospital South Brisbane
- Mater Private Hospital Springfield
- Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Hospital
- St Andrew’s Hospital Toowoomba
- St Vincent’s Hospital Toowoomba
- Sunnybank Private Hospital